May 2019 Minutes

The 05-20-2019 District Meeting was opened by Scott K. with the Serenity Prayer @ 7:00 pm.

In Attendance:  Scott K., Craig R., Peggy R., Carole W., Bill L., Lynn H., James F., Kenny G., Mary P. Dave M., and Jim D, Bobby P., Gene C., Fred W., Chuck G., Roger M., Mark B., Kathy J., Lisa T., Michael B.,

Reading of Concept III by Kathy J.

Secretary’s Report: - Suzie G. read the minutes from the April 15, 2019 District meeting.  A motion was made and accepted to approve the minutes without changes.
Treasurer’s Report: – Peggy R. -  Not present – The report was texted to Secretary.  Beginning balance is $3,388.57 with two credits from group donations totaling $301.00, and two debits totaling $12.99, leaving an ending balance of $3,676.58.  A motion was made and accepted to approve the treasurer’s report without changes.
DCM report:  Scott K. – There was not an Area meeting this month due to Easter, Passover and other holidays.  I have invited the area delegate to come to either June or July’s District meeting to talk about what happened at the General Service Conference. Chuck G. is here tonight as the new Chair for Bridging the Gap.    

SMIA Intergroup Liaison:  Bill L.
Gratitude Dinner needs a chairperson. The dinner is usually the second week of November.  We have $5,400.00 in prudent reserve and $4,900.00 in the operational funds account.  The 2019-2020 budget was approved.  Not much interest in Founder’s Day trip.  Wally has books and binders available to anyone in search of Archives.   Order was placed for the bookstall and it is forthcoming.

 

KJ `     Accessibility: (Need Chairperson)
Bridging the Gap:  Chuck G. – I brought forms for you to take back to your groups to have members sign up who are willing to pick up people that are newly released from jail or rehab. Please return the forms to me. If there is someone in need of a ride to a meeting, I will give them a number of someone on the list to call close to the area they are in. If you can take them to a few meetings and get them introduced to AA that would be great.  You do not have to sponsor them or you do not have to commit long term. 
Institutions:
Fred W. – Men’s jail – Going well we average anywhere from 3-10 people.  The women’s meetings were put on hold.  The women’s population is very small right now.   
Maggie B. – Women’s jail – No report. 
Mark B. – (Porto) – The meeting is at 4:00 pm on Sundays.  More people are attending.
Events:    Suzie G. – The workshop on Steps 6-9 is a go.  Area 29 workshop committee is sending members down to present the workshop. I am hoping this meeting room will be big enough to hold everyone.  Scott K. thought it would be plenty of room.
Grapevine Committee:  Mark N.Not present
Outreach: (Need Chairperson?)
Public Information:  Roger M. –  All racks are full and we set up a table at the Memory Walk.
Web Committee:  Bill L. – We had 1,577 visitors to the web site and 241 hits on the meeting guide.  The flyer for the workshop is posted for June 8.

Old Business

  • District 1 Archives – Scott and Bill will work on Archives for District 1.
  • Newcomer Packets – Scott needs to get more of them printed.

 

New Business

  • Need new GSR packets – Suzie will resubmit the requests.
  • A motion was made to remove the Outreach committee.  The motion was approved by the District.  Suzie has the list of groups and will keep it updated.
  • Welcome to Chuck G. the new rep for Bridging the Gap. 
  • Kenny G. brought up discussion about someone that works at On our Own (helps homeless, etc.)  They have some grant money they would like to donate to AA or donate to some kind of organization that helps alcoholics. The District decided that a donation would be considered an “outside” donation and against our traditions.

 

Group Reports:

  • 231 Group – Kenny – 15-20 people on Tuesday and Fridays, and all positions are filled.  
  • Awakenings – Jim D. – 30-40 people, everything is going well, still need a treasurer.
  • A Vision for You – (Need GSR)
  • Beach Beacon – Patti T. – Not present.
  • Bedouin Group – Paul E. – We have 40-50 people, a lot of rehab, all positions filled.
  • Cove Point Group – (Need GSR)
  • Daily Reflections – Donald R. – Not present. 
  • Daily Reprieve Group – Fred W. – Our new GSR is MIA.  Other than that, the meeting is doing well. 
  • Do Drop in Women's Group – Carole W. – 12-15 women, meeting is going well.
  • Grapevine Group – Mark B. –?
  • Grateful Alive Group – (Need GSR)
  • Happy Destiny Group – (Need GSR)
  • Happy Hour – Mike B.- 20-25 people, all positions filled, contribution coming soon.
  • Huntingtown Noon Group – Gene C.– 15-25 people regularly and all positions filled.
  • Keeping it Green – (formally the Experience, Strength, and Hope Group)
  • Living Sober Group – Roger M. – We meet on Saturday and Wednesdays; everything is going well.
  • Lusby Group – Donald R. reported previously need GSR for the meeting. 
  • Monday Night’s Men's Meeting – (Need a GSR).
  • Mount Harmony Group – Bobby P. – Low attendance, 7-10 people, we could use some support.
  • North Beach Group –Lynn H. – All nine meetings at Union Church are well attended with average of 10 homegroup members per meeting, average of 25 total attendees.  We have monthly group conscience meeting.
  • Saturday Morning Breakfast – Kathy J.- 20 people regularly, Chuck celebrating soon, all positions filled.
  • Sober by the Bay Group – Lisa Tu. – Not present.  
  • Solomon’s Group – Lisa T.– Great attendance, rotated positions, Martha K. celebrating 23 years.
  • Sunderland Group – Dave M. – Meeting is picking up a bit. We were worried that we would have to close the meeting. 
  • Sunrise Sobriety – (Need GSR-group not interested at this time)
  • Today Group – Katy S.- Not present
  • We Wuz Wurz Group – Mary P. – Average is 15 to 25 people, decided to have a monthly chairperson.


April 2019 Minutes

District 1 - Secretary’s Report Meeting Date: 04-15-2019 DRAFT Minutes

The 04-15-2019 District Meeting was opened by Scott K. with the Serenity Prayer @ 7:00 pm.

In Attendance: Scott K., Craig R., Peggy R., Carole W., Bill L., Lynn H., James F., Kenny G., Mary P. Dave M., and Jim D.

Secretary’s Report: - Mary P. sitting in as secretary for Suzie G. not present. Mary P. read the minutes from the March 18, 2019 District meeting. The motion to approve the minutes was accepted without changes. Treasurer’s Report: – Peggy R. - Beginning balance is $3,226.56 with two credits from group donations totaling $175.00 and a debit of $12.99, leaving an ending balance of $3,388.59. The motion to approve the treasury report was accepted without changes. DCM report: Scott K. – Outreach needs a chairperson. Patti T. wants to give the position up for Bridging the Gap. Please take back to your groups. Carol to call Suzie and Patti T.

Reading of Service Concept II SMIA Intergroup Liaison: Bill L. GSO does not recommend the Professional Awareness Day. No Serenity breakfast this year. Picnic will be in August still looking for new location. Pushing for Founder’s Day attendance. If you are on the list for 12-Step calls please enter the 800 number in your phone so the call is not ignored.

Accessibility: (Need Chairperson) Suzie attached worksheet for GSR’s to take to their groups. Bridging the Gap: Patti T. – Not present – mentioned at the last meeting she is ready to give up the position if anyone want to take it over. Institutions: Fred W. – Men’s jail – Not present. Maggie B. – Women’s jail – No report. Mark B. – (Porto) – No report. Events: James F. – We made $181.00 off the 50/50. Total cost of event was $803.98. James to prepare a financial report for the event. James proposed an 8th and 9th step workshop. Crossroads church is available and will check with St. Paul’s. Grapevine Committee: Mark N. – Not present – Celebrating his anniversary! Outreach: (Need Chairperson?) Public Information: Roger M. – Not present. Web Committee: Bill L. – District web site is revamped completely! Added a business agenda to site.

Old Business

• District 1 Archives – Scott and Bill will work on Archives for District 1. • Newcomer Packets – Scott needs to get more of them.

New Business

• Need new GSR packets – Scott will check on. • Workshop

Group Reports:

1. 231 Group – Kenny – 20-25 people on Tuesday and Fridays, meeting attendance is picking up and all positions are now filled. 2. Awakenings – Jim D. – 30-40 people, everything is going well, we need a treasurer. 3. A Vision for You – (Need GSR) 4. Beach Beacon – Patti T. – Not present. 5. Bedouin Group – Paul E. – (texted report) – We have 40-50 people, a lot of rehab, all positions filled. 6. Cove Point Group – (Need GSR) 7. Daily Reflections – Donald R. – Not present. 8. Daily Reprieve Group – Fred W. – New GSR – rotating positions. 9. Do Drop in Women's Group – Carole W. – 12-15 women, meeting is going well. 10. Grapevine Group – Mark B. – Not present. 11. Grateful Alive Group – (Need GSR) 12. Happy Destiny Group – (Need GSR) 13. Happy Hour – Mike B.- Not present. (texted report)– 15-20 people, lots of newcomers. 14. Huntingtown Noon Group – Gene C.– Not present. 15. Keeping it Green – (formally the Experience, Strength, and Hope Group) 16. Living Sober Group – Roger M. – Not present. 17. Lusby Group – Donald R. reported previously need GSR for the meeting. 18. Monday Night’s Men's Meeting – Craig R. – We need a GSR, but the meeting is doing well. 19. Mount Harmony Group – Bobby P. – Low attendance 20. North Beach Group –Lynn H. – (need updated report) More attendance on Saturday’s. We now have a coffeemaker for Saturday as well. We have a lot of meetings and approximately 40 home group members for all meetings. 21. Saturday Morning Breakfast – Kathy J.- Not present (?) 22. Sober by the Bay Group – Lisa Tu. – Not present. 23. Solomon’s Group – Lisa T.– Not present. 24. Sunderland Group – Dave M. – Barely holding on. 25. Sunrise Sobriety – (Need GSR-group not interested at this time) 26. Today Group – Katy S.- Not present 27. We Wuz Wurz Group – Mary P. – Average is 15 to 20 people. We have a group conscious meeting month to month.